A glimpse into my world of food

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aya's Kitchen: Chipotle Yogurt Potato Salad with Crispy Bacon






My friend bought me an Austrian white wine (can't remember the varietal or name but it was in a short thick green bottle) and for some reason while I was drinking it I craved potato salad, and not just a plain potato salad but something smokey.  So I decided to make a potato salad and instead of using mayo I used greek yogurt, and I combined it with chipotle for some smokiness (canned chipotle also reminds me of bonito...), lime juice, salt, white pepper and black pepper.  I used small yellow potatoes with the skin on (love the texture and flavor of the skin) and added three more ingredients that I love- bacon (crispy), egg (boiled) and shrimp (seared/sauteed).  Garnish with cilantro.  It paired really well with the wine just as I had imagined!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home