A glimpse into my world of food

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aya's Kitchen: Curry Coconut Mussels with Okra and Tofu



I ordered a coconut seafood hot pot at Momofuku Ssam Bar the other day because it sounded quite delicious but it wasn't really good.  So I decided to make something similar to it at home.  I soaked the mussels in salt water with a sprinkle of flour (plumps them up- something I learned at the CIA) and ripped the beards off.  Sweat some minced garlic and jalapeno peppers in oil (I used safflower), throw in the mussels and add some white wine and let it steam (let the alcohol evaporate too).  Add some coconut milk and when it starts to simmer add the okra and tofu.  Garnish with spring onion and cilantro.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home