A glimpse into my world of food

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aya's Kitchen: Mushroom Risotto with Duck Breast

My favorite kind of risotto besides a simple cheese risotto is mushroom risotto.  I was craving duck too so I served the two together.  For the mushroom stock you can use scraps or button mushrooms.  Just combine equal parts (by volume) of mushrooms and water and add a bit of salt.  Bring it to a boil and let it simmer until you get the flavor you want.  

The general rice to liquid ratio for risotto is 1 to 3 but you can always keep extra mushroom stock and play around with it to get the consistency you want.  I seared some mushrooms and folded them into the risotto (with grana padano cheese too)


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home